West Texas Weekend: Pecos River Overlook


K: Brandon and I made a trip out to West Texas, stopping through multiple towns along the way before we reached our final destination of Big Bend National Park. We're so excited to share our trip with you so that you can see the breathtaking scenic views that we got to continuously enjoy. We'll be posting regularly on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next few weeks. Be sure to check back to follow our journey!





K: This cream dress is stunning. The lace cut-out feature in the middle is so unexpected and I love how the wind kept catching the ruffle sleeves. I think that it is the perfect summer dress and could easily be worn for a party or a date night.  


K: Our first stop was the Pecos River Overlook. Just off of Highway 90, the overlook allows you views of the entire canyon and the river below it, with a view of Mexico just off in the distance. Somehow, the blue skies seemed even bigger in West Texas and we found ourselves snapping picture after picture, trying to capture the beauty of the landscape.



K: I know that ruffles are a huge trend right now and I'm looking forward to sharing the ruffles I've added to my wardrobe with several new pieces. The slit in this cream dress keeps it modern and fresh, while the silhouette of a maxi allows it to retain a classic feel as well. I've linked some very similar options (as well as my own dress) in the widget below so that you can try this trend for yourself. Let me know what you think!

On Katherine: Asos dress, turquoise ring (old, similar here and here)





Labels: , ,