Date Night: An Evening at the Ballet


B: For Katherines 25th birthday, I purchased season tickets to the San Antonio Ballet. The season started with the strong imagination of Don Quixote, leading into the classic tale of The Nutcracker, and ended in a dreamy romanticism of Sleeping Beauty. We loved the costumes and finesse of the ballerinas within these productions, but loved the opportunity for us to dress up even more.




K: This cream lace dress is one of my all-time favorites, particularly because of the bell sleeve detail. I first wore it to our quaint rehearsal lunch the day before our wedding. I think it's so feminine and romantic; the perfect date night dress for many occasions and seasons outside of Winter. I plan on dressing it down with a denim jacket next time I wear it out.


B: Many will state that only real men wear pink; I believe real men will wear what suits them comfortably and properly through all life stages. Fittingly, the dark pinstripe charcoal suit pictured above was my first slim-fit suit. The cuts of mens suits have changed drastically over the past six years. They now contain aspects of cropped, skinny-pants and curve-contouring jackets--all of which are to be represented in upcoming posts. But keep in mind, an archaic form of beautiful dance and harmonic rhythm should be paired with an archaic suit cut, making me feel comfortable with my choice.



B: Katherine and I are constantly making each other laugh with our continual silliness and lighthearted frame of mind. When we are separated throughout our days at work, we are naturally quite serious in our own regards. When together, we bring out the inner kid in one another with our uplifting positive attitudes that keep us in a forever young mindset. This date night is certainly no exception with outtakes of the photoshoot shifting from serious, to giddy, to downright silly with each shutter snap of the camera.


K: The Tobin Center is one of my favorite evening venues in San Antonio. It's gorgeous both inside and out. Brandon and I love any excuse to go downtown and after this evening, we were itching to again venture down as soon as possible. We are set on a mission to explore the downtown city environment in full!


On Katherine: Eliza J dress, Nine West shoes, Sugarfix earrings, Vintage clutch (similar here)
On Brandon: Saks Fifth Avenue suit, Saks Fifth Avenue shirt, Vintage Versace tie (also love this and this), Shinola belt, Tods shoes

SaveSave

Labels: , ,